Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bike Trip Along the Rhine Day 3 From Mainz to Worms





View outside our cabin window







Our boat/bike trip was not only through medieval villages but also across dikes and nature trails. The following photos were taken as we biked along the countryside.

































They're not very visible (unfortunately I don't own zoom lens) but there are storks in this field.


 Can you see the stork among the hay rolls?






Finally I had the good fortune to come across this fellow who let me come quite close before he flew off, but only a little ways away.
































After four hours (some thirty miles) of biking we arrived at our next town:  Worms

Nibelungen Bridge

4 comments:

Cleo said...

I really love your travelogues, Sharon! I didn't get to Mainz but I was across the river at Wiesbaden a looong time ago.

The bike trip looks wonderful!

Brian Joseph said...

These are more great pictures Sharon.

I love the look of Nibelungen Bridge. I so want to go into that structure and explore it.

Sharon Wilfong said...

H Brian! I sincerely hope that one day you will have that opportunity. Have a good week!

Sharon Wilfong said...

Hi Cleopatra! I remember Wiesbaden. Josh and I got lost riding through that town. I should have taken photos of the neighborhoods while we were there but we were too busy trying to get back on the trail. Have a great week.