Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Survivor's Story



 

Heather Von St. James has shared her survivor story on her web site.  Please visit her blog to read her story.


My name is Heather Von St. James and I am approaching my 10 year cancer free anniversary (yay!) after being diagnosed with mesothelioma.

I never thought I'd see this day. The doctors gave me 15 months to live shortly after giving birth to my daughter Lily. I was determined not to let that stop me from watching my little girl grow up, so here I am today!!

Anyway, I am using my story to raise awareness in hopes that I can prevent this from happening to another family. I'm asking a select few bloggers to share some eye-opening facts to help bring a voice to those who were silenced by this disease. 


Many people, including my mother, have cancer.  It's good to become involved with others who have also experienced this sickness.  I hope that visiting Heather's blog will encourage others to network and reach out and receive encouragement from each others' stories. 

http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/

2 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

Thanks Sharon and Heather for highlighting this important cause.

I am sharing the link on various social media.

Sharon Wilfong said...

Thanks for sharing it, Brian!