Thursday, October 28, 2010

Photos of Philly

It's interesting to me to see how different people like my different blogs postings.  Some like the book reviews, others like postings drawn from my personal life and still others simply enjoy looking at photos.  Because I have decided not to limit the purpose of this blog I have  finally decided on a method to my madness.  I am going to rotate book reviews with personal stories and photo sequences. 
Last week was a book review and the week before a guest blogger, so this week will be a "photo story".  These photos were taken while I was visiting Philiadelphia this past summer.  As you may have noticed from my last posting, I'm a huge fan of American history.  It was wonderful to go where so much of our history as a nacent nation happened. 





                               The above photo was taken while riding a transit train into the city.





This lovely mural was underground in the subway station.







Also at the train station.




An old quaker house.





Actors portraying colonialists at the Independence Visitor's Center






Independence Hall

Needless to say, the Liberty Bell


At the tomb of the unknown soldier.  I don't know who the children were but I thought it made a great picture.

Benjamin Franklin's grave  By the way, his autobiography is worth reading.  A fascinating account of his business ventures, travels and philosophies of life.

Many famous Americans and founding fathers were buried in the same cemetary as Ben Franklin in Christ's Church burial ground.







We rode a trolley car back to the subway. We were so tired we could barely walk, but it was worth it.
I didn't show me eating a pretzel with mustard but I did, for the first time in my life.  Pretty good.

No comments: