Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Never Enough Bookmarks

I guess I'm being lazy. School is back in session and once again I'm coming home exhausted with just enough energy to make myself a cup of tea and read a book on my back porch. I'm currently reading a fascinating book entitled, "On Hitler's Mountain". It is a first person narrative of a women who grew up in Berchtesgaden near Hitler's Obersalzberg while he was in power. It gives a unique perspective from an average German citizen's point of view during Hitler's rule and how they were deceived, or allowed themselves to be deceived by him, until they could no longer deny the monstrosity they unleashed upon themselves and the world. I haven't finished so I'll have to tell more later, so far it's a worthy read.
What I have here are my different bookmarks. I never have enough bookmarks.

















2 comments:

ma P said...

You should have been a librarian.
I guess you still could be.
the german story sounds so good. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.
pw

Sharon Wilfong said...

Thanks, I'm smack dab in the middle of the book and am going to read as much of it as I can this weekend.